What are the Benefits of Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is an effective way of getting rid of unwanted body hair. However, it has other advantages such as:
- Long-lasting results
- It is a time-saving treatment. After getting laser hair removal, you won’t have to worry about constantly shaving
- It is a safe and effective procedure
- It is a scarless procedure
- It is a cost-effective procedure
- It helps you avoid ingrown hair
- Treatment sessions are very fast. You can undergo your laser hair removal procedure during your lunch break
Am I a Candidate for Laser Hair Removal?
You’re a good candidate for laser hair removal if you want to get rid of unwanted hair. It is also important for you to have realistic expectations. Laser hair removal is a great solution for those struggling with excess hair, the annoyance of shaving and/or regular trips to the waxing salon.
However, laser hair removal is not recommended for people with keloid scars because it can cause discomfort or further scarring.
Who is Not a Candidate for Laser Hair Removal?
Unfortunately, not everyone is a candidate for laser hair removal. Natural blonde, red, or gray-haired individuals may not be eligible for this treatment as lasers target the dark pigment of the hair. Your candidacy will be determined at the time of consultation, but typically for these individuals waxing is recommended.
Skin tone will not deter your candidacy as RenewMD has two types of lasers. We use an IPL for lighter skin tones and a YAG laser for darker complexion.