Are you tired of constantly shaving? Do you want to get rid of excess hair on certain parts of your body or face? Luckily, laser hair removal is a safe and effective technique that can help you get rid of unwanted hair.
Despite its effectiveness, it is essential to understand how to prepare for laser hair removal to ensure you receive optimal results.
What is Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is an effective, fast way to remove unwanted body hair. The lasers target the hair follicles without burning skin or damaging surrounding tissues making the procedure painless and safe for all skin types.
At Renew MD, we use two innovative laser hair removal systems: Cutera CoolGlide Laser and Pro Wave. Our laser removal systems can effectively work on different skin types and get rid of unwanted hair. These laser devices are able to zap the hair follicles without affecting the surrounding skin at all.
How to Prepare for Laser Hair Removal
If you’re looking for a way to make your body hair disappear, laser hair removal might be just what the doctor ordered. However, there are some factors to consider before your laser hair removal session for the procedure to be effective.
All necessary preparations will be discussed at length during your consultation, but here’s some helpful tips on some ways you can prepare for laser removal:
- Avoid tanning before and after your procedure
- Try as much as possible to avoid direct sunlight exposure
- Don’t wax or pluck your hair before your session
- Shave the treatment area 24 hours before your laser hair removal session
- Stay away from blood-thinning medications
- Don’t bleach your hair
- Avoid harsh skincare products before and after your laser hair removal session
What are the Benefits of Laser Hair Removal?
Laser hair removal is an effective way of getting rid of unwanted body hair. However, it has other advantages such as:
- Long-lasting results
- It is a time-saving treatment. After getting laser hair removal, you won’t have to worry about constantly shaving
- It is a safe and effective procedure
- It is a scarless procedure
- It is a cost-effective procedure
- It helps you avoid ingrown hair
- Treatment sessions are very fast. You can undergo your laser hair removal procedure during your lunch break
Am I a Candidate for Laser Hair Removal?
You’re a good candidate for laser hair removal if you want to get rid of unwanted hair. It is also important for you to have realistic expectations. Laser hair removal is a great solution for those struggling with excess hair, the annoyance of shaving and/or regular trips to the waxing salon.
However, laser hair removal is not recommended for people with keloid scars because it can cause discomfort or further scarring.
Who is Not a Candidate for Laser Hair Removal?
Unfortunately, not everyone is a candidate for laser hair removal. Natural blonde, red, or gray-haired individuals may not be eligible for this treatment as lasers target the dark pigment of the hair. Your candidacy will be determined at the time of consultation, but typically for these individuals waxing is recommended.
Skin tone will not deter your candidacy as RenewMD has two types of lasers. We use an IPL for lighter skin tones and a YAG laser for darker complexion.
Take the Next Step
If you’d like to learn more about laser hair removal, we encourage you to schedule a private consultation with Renew MD in Reno, Nevada.. Call us at (775) 852-4500 or fill out our convenient online contact form. We look forward to meeting you!